Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Week 3, Thing 5: Explore Flickr





This is not my dog.
But, I discovered something that could help others: when you want to add a photo to Blogger using the URL, you can't just take the URL of the page the photo is on. That won't work. However, if you right click on the actual image, and then choose Properties from the menu, you can get the URL for the actual image, not just the page. In the Properties window, go to Address/URL, highlight that, do Ctrl + C to copy, and then paste that URL in the Blogger picture-adder thingy, and voila, the image will appear properly. At least it's appearing properly right now, for me. That could change at any minute, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And here's another Blogger irritation that I found my way around:

You see in this post how the text went all single-spaced below the picture?

Well, after beating on Blogger for about a year, I figured out a piece of html code that will force all the text in a post to stay pleasantly spaced.

At the beginning of the post (in html view), add this text:
span style="line-height:150%"

Put it between angle brackets like all html tags. (I can't use them in this comment b/c it'll try to format what I'm writing!)

and at the very end of the post, put in:
/span
also between angle brackets.

have fun!