Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9: Explore MERLIN

So, I went to Merlin. I think that it will be great when all the systems put all their trainings on the calendar, and people from all over the state get used to looking at it. Every training I go to, people ask the group to always share training opportunities with other libraries around the state. I always thought our HR department did that, but it seems like people aren't getting the information. I'm a big believer in having one central place or method for disseminating information, rather than having the same info in a bunch of places. That leaves too much room for error: the info might not reach all the avenues at the same time, the info might not get updated on all the avenues, people might not check all the places, just one or two.
I used the Bloglines search feature, and while I didn't really like the RSS feed search, I loved the search blogs feature. It's fun to see the random places your terms show up. It's like 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon online.

1 comment:

Lady Breck said...

I just wanted to say I love that you have a link to the You Tube "Circle Circle Dot Dot" Lego clip.