Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22

I downloaded The Count of Monte Cristo from Overdrive, which turned out to be a little ambitious. Not only did I not have time to listen to the whole thing, but I had to keep rewinding to catch the meaning of things! However, that's not the tool's fault. I also didn't like that the player wouldn't rewind just a little bit, like a tape, but only skip to chapters, like a CD, but once again, that's not the eBook provider's fault. It did take a long time to download, but I just left my computer on overnight and when I checked it the next morning, it was all done. It didn't take nearly as long to go from the computer to my MP3 player. I think it will be exciting when all cars have MP3 jacks so we could play these eBooks through the car stereo. I've heard that some libraries out there are downloading the eBooks and renting out the MP3 player with the book on it to customers. That's certainly going above and beyond for service!!

No comments: